Friday, April 15, 2011

Handmade With a Purpose {The Elephant's Trunk}

Happy Friday Ya'll!!!

Today I'm featuring my bloggy BFF Lauren over @
She is going to tell you all a little about what she and others are participating
in during the Month of April.
I hope you all enjoy!



Through the month of April I will be participating in Handmade with purpose. Handmade purpose is a group of handmade shops that have come together to form a community of giving back. Various shops have pledged to give back to a cause of their choice. If you are interested in seeing a complete list of shops participating make sure you become a follower of Handmade with purpose. 

My cause I've decided to donate to is one that is especially close to my heart. My aunt has down syndrome and actively participates in the Special Olympics. My aunt's name is Susie or Susie-Q as we like to call her. Susie is very shy and has trouble socially but when you talk about the Special Olympics with Susie or ask to see her medal gold medal you can watch a big smile grow on her face. Susie received a gold medal this summer for speed walking and I don't think she has taken off her medal since.


So in honor of all the fabulous things that the Special Olympics does for my Aunt and so many others I've chosen to give 100% of sales from any wine bloom in my shop sold between April 1st-April 30th. If you don't know what a wine bloom is allow me to show you...










So check out Handmade with Purpose and know that if you buy from any of the participating shops that you will be giving back and receiving a beautiful handmade item. 





Over 20 handmade shops and blogs have joined together to give back.
During the month of April 2011 each of the participating shops 
will be donating proceeds to the charity of their choice.


Please help us give back by:
-buying handmade goods from participating shops
-sponsoring participating blogs
-donating to designated charities
-spreading the word on your blog, Facebook, or Twitter {#handmadewithpurpose}
-visit our blog, Handmade with Purpose, to receive updates and future information


Handmade with Purpose:
Craftee McGee's







1 comment:

I love comments! tell me what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...