Friday, April 22, 2011

How to celebrate Earth Day!

I'm going to make today super AWESOME.
Not only is it Earth Day, but its exactly
ONE MONTH till my WEDDING!!
I'm so excited, can you tell?





I wanted to share with yall a few awesome things I found related to Earth Day.

Anthropologie Troy MI
Image from {here}

Anthropologie is doing some amazing recycling with wine corks.
Its amazing, the image above was made with wine corks!!

read more on this exciting story {HERE}


Earth Day Freebies: Starbucks is offering a free cup of coffee if you bring
in your own reusable cup, on April 22.

Lowes Hardwear- Is giving away 1 million trees. On April 23.
 Visit {HERE} for more details.


Visit {HERE} for more freebies



How to Celebrate Earth Day?

1. Plant a Tree- Planting trees helps to reduce greenhouse gas, cleans pollution,
secures soil and helps with erosion, and provides home for animals.

{via}

2. Reduce-Reuse-Recycle: Do this all day long! Recycle your plastic bags, take cloth bags with you to the grocery store. Take drink containers with you-reuse plastic water
bottles.  Donate your old toys, clothes to others. Just don't throw
them away. 
{via}


3. Pick up Litter- Get a group together and pick of trash along the side of the road or 
around your neighborhood. Many company's donate gloves and bags for 
clean-up groups. 

{via}


4. Wear Green or Brown- Think nature or trees.
I want this t-shirt for earth day.

{Via}

{via}

5. Cook a Earth Day Meal- Use organic food.
Go {HERE} for a whole list of recipes you can use.

{via}


6. Ride your bike- Take a walk or ride your bike instead of driving.
Taylor and I did this yesterday!
So much FUN



Earth Day Crafts: 


Toothbrush Bracelets

Seeded Bookmark

Magazine Holder

Papier-Mache Globe


Plant a Tree for Me T-Shirt






EVERYDAY IS EARTH DAY!


I hope you make today count and try out a few of these helpful tips
to make our world a better place.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone

4 comments:

  1. so many wonderful ideas! thanks for sharing. thrifting is also saving the earth, but I am trying to do more by buying less too... Which is hard:)

    Have a good easter weekend!

    love-mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we saw those wine cork globes in Anthropologie Brendan suggested I sell those in my shop. I said how do you suggest I ship those and where would I store them? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toothbrush bracelet is a first! People are so creative!

    Visiting from Every Creative Endeavor.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! tell me what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...